Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm Not Saying... I'm Just Saying

I'm not saying that I'm old. I'm just saying that I'm old.

So this Friday is my 10-year high school reunion. We'll let that sink in for all of you young whippersnappers out there. Ten years ago, I was in the middle of my first semester out here, trying to be an engineer, and trying to figure out how I could doctor my license to get into the bars. Flash forward ten years, and I'm in the middle of my 11th year here in Illinois, trying to be a professor, and trying to figure out what else there is to do in this town besides go to the bars.

Anyway, I'm taking what is probably my final road trip from Champaign out to Albany. There was a stretch there during my junior and senior years where I made this drive quite a bit. Thanksgiving, winter break, and spring break were all drives home. I knew which exits to hit, where to eat, and where to slow down to avoid the speed traps. And for likely one last time, I'm getting ready to use all of that knowledge to get through a 14-hour drive.

So, I want to wish a happy holiday to my millions of readers. I'll be back to the Cornfields soon. But for now, it's off to the Empire State.

-Chairman

No comments: