Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thank You, Thank You

Well, this is a little late, but better late than never, right?

Being the Time Man of the Year puts you in rarefied air. Anytime that you're mentioned in the same breath as Adolf Hitler, the Ayatollah Khomeini, Josef Stalin (who was a two-time winner!), Bono, and The Computer, you can't but wonder if there was some mistake. Maybe when Bill Gates was reading the winner, he accidentally read the wrong name. Maybe the intern who was in charge of stuffing the envelopes was still hungover, and placed the wrong name in the envelope. But here we are.

I just want to thank all of the people that have made this possible: Thank you to the Big Guy Upstairs, who saw fit to make me in His image. Whoa! I hear the music playing in the background, so I'll hurry it up. Thank you to my family, for always supporting my dreams. Thank you to my friends, for being there when the chips were down. And thank you to the editors of Time for having the wisdom to select me as the 2006 Man of the Year.

2006 has been quite the year. You guys know. You were there.

-Chairman

2 comments:

clauff said...

As I said to you last weekend, congrats man. That's quite a feat!

Jonathan King said...

[loud clapping] you da man, Ro!