Monday, April 16, 2007

Deny Everything

While I am still angry at the outcome of the 1st round game from the NCAA tourney, I will state that I am nowhere near Blacksburg, VA.

edit 4/17: Smart money would have been a crazy ex-military white dude. But you know how tricky those little South Korean dudes are. Plus, given their history of violence, it all makes sense.

Personally, I'm blaming the Duke Lacrosse team.

edit 4/17: Rumor has it that the Duke Lacrosse team once recruited a South Korean dude who looked like the shooter. The Duke Lacrosse team is still not exonerated.

Incidentally, I wonder how this will affect their U.S. News and World Reports college rankings.

edit 5/20: I'm not sure about the college's academic rankings, but one top 100 basketball recruit, Augustus Gilchrist, has backed off of his commitment to VT, citing the shootings. I'm probably happier about this than I should be.

-Chairman

2 comments:

Westy said...

Really a pretty sad turn of affairs. The most prolific mass shooting ever?

Obviously we both know people who went to VaTech. Definitely tough for that school.

Chairman said...

Definitely, though I'm sort of amused at the "prolific" description, which I've seen in a couple places.

I'm curious to see what caused the dude to flip out, buy a bunch of semi-automatic guns, and go nuts.

Having said that, I think that we have enough information to evaluate our gunman's performance.

Thumbs up: I did like how prepared he was, using the high capacity ammo clips and a bullet-proof vest. Also the ability to move location and keep shooting seems to be a lost art.

Thumbs down: I don't like how he didn't seem to use any grenades. Anyone who has heard my commentary on first-person shooter games is that grenades are very underrated in clearing out some area before you go in shooting. Also, shooting yourself in the head isn't very sexy. Going down in a blaze of glory while shooting at your attackers is.

-Chairman