Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Rounding Third...

I have to say that it's been quite a run for me out here in the cornfields. College has been 13 of the best years of my life. Happily, my 14th year in college will be highly paid and in warm weather. Sadly, I'll be expected to do a little work. Not much, mind you. But still.

I stopped by the Graduate College earlier today, and got some good news: only two minor edits for my dissertation, and both were on the table of contents. So, really, all I need to do is to make the edits, print up another version (plus a corrected TOC for my 1st copy), print up a few extra title pages, and fill out a little paperwork, and then I can deposit. The only bad news? We're still waiting on one signature from a committee member who's out in Asia right now. So, unfortunately, it looks like I'll need someone to drop off the materials for me whenever that piece of paper comes in. But it's not a huge deal.

And I suppose that I really should get things organized so that when the folks come to pack up my apartment on Friday, I'll be ready. Of course, I'm also planning on hitting the links on Thursday... and probably Friday, if you had to know it. Because you know that I'm good like that. In any case, the movers come by on Saturday to load up the place... and I'll probably go shoot another round after they get done. I'm not much into that Nostradamus stuff, but I will go out on a limb and predict a lot of golf in the near future. I'll hang on to a light car load of essentials that I'll keep with me for my week on the road (going to visit the parents in SC), but it'll be strange w/out a TV for the weekend. But the interesting question is what it says about me if I need to hang on to two laptops and a wireless router?

What's going to be a pain in the ass is getting all of my junk organized. I really should go through and take one more load of crap to Goodwill/the dumpster. I may do that tonight real quick. I have all sorts of clothes and a whole bunch of stuff that should be donated and/or burned. But I should have time to take care of that on Thursday night, when I'm unplugging all of my devices so that things can be packed up quickly. Tonight's excitement is to go into the office, clean out a bunch of crap, trash the rest, and print out the rest of stuff I need for the dissertation. Fun times.

But you know what? All of this stuff will get done. And I'll get a lot of golf in before I'm headed for my new home.

-Chairman

1 comment:

clauff said...

So, how does it feel now that Shampoo-Banana is in your rearview mirror? Do post your new address when you get a chance.

CLauff