Sunday, April 17, 2005

I A'int As Good As I Once Was

Sigh... getting old is hell. This weekend was Mom's Weekend here on campus. Ordinarily, I'd be off w/ JohnnyO, Pat, and Co. at Kam's hitting on moms and deliberately ignoring their daughters. It's just something that we do. Sort of keeps the girls on their toes. But alas. They's moved on, and I'm left to my own devices.

Actually, the night wasn't bad. Just a little more low key. At church, we had a little art exhibit, and there was one awesome painting that featured a self-portrait of the artist (a pretty cute girl), staring down this huge gorilla. So naturally, we had to have some fun with that one. So I stand in place of the gorilla, and get this scowl on my face and have Darren take a picture. When I get the picture, I'll put it up here for shits and giggles.

After that, chilling out, eating muffins and drinking pina coladas over at Fetz's place. Nothing exciting, but it was cool to just chill and talk about what was going on. Of course, I had the chance to spout random, controversial thoughts that I may or may not actually believe. And that's usually fun. I just sort of come up with a random position on a topic that will rile people up, and I'll see if I can score a few points for things that are obviously wrong. In the past, I've offered convincing arguments for the need of me annexing an island nation, like maybe Haiti and I've discussed the merits of euthanasia. In a previous posting I've talked about why not voting makes me cool. Last night, I was trying to convince Jen, one of our I-Team leaders, that women shouldn't hold leadership positions in church. I think that I may have gotten through to her.

So after that was a little run to Antonio's, our new pizza joint here in Campustown. New York-style pizza here in the heartland. It's not the best slice I've ever had, but it's darned good. They'll get a write up over on foodgeek at some point. But we made a nice run out there at 1:15, just in time to get there, get a slice, and start watching the show - drunk people (and their Moms!) stumbling in for late night food. Definitely good times.

Of course, we didn't have any run-ins with the offensive line, we didn't have to srping anyone from jail, and we didn't close out the night with a drunken sing-along. Oh well. I suppse that I have to grow up at some point. May as well be now.

At some point, we'll write some about my academic career. I think that we've got our fingers on some things that may be cool.

Until then.

-Chairman

No comments: