Thursday, October 27, 2005

Procrastination and Memories

Let's see. It's just about 5am on Thursday. I have a revision due to my professor 12 hours ago, and my final paper is due on Monday. So let's post on my blog.

First thing that's interesting to me is the Chicago White Sox. These guys remind me a lot of the '90 Reds team. Wire to wire, but a bit of a fade in the 2nd half. Won convincingly in the playoffs over teams that people thought were going to beat them. Did it with pitching and a good bullpen, along with some clutch hitting. A little difference was that the Sox had so many things go right for them this post-season, it was incredible. Just a "team of destiny" sort of thing. And all that's well and good, but what's interesting to me is how this may change things in Chicago. All these silly Cubs fans have been running around, owning the town, despite being the cheering section for a rather poor franchise, historically. Will we see a baseball renaissance in the south side?

Last weekend was Homecoming, and a lot of my old v-ball guys came down for the weekend for their alumni tournament. Good ol' JohnnyO, Pat, Sully, Miller, Barker, Antonio, and all the rest. Friday night at Kam's, and Saturday night at Joe's, followed by Drunken Sing-Along Afterhours. Just like old times. Let's see... at one point, I was parked behind an RV at 2:30 in the morning, putting a keg of beer, a guitar, and 4 other people into my car. Maybe a strange scene for some, but really, just par for the course with these guys. On the positive side, we managed to avoid 1) fights with the offensive line, 2) jail time for anyone involved, and 3) anything that requires antibiotics to treat. And when you can go 3 for 3 on those, it means that you had a good weekend.

Let's see... this weekend? Working on the paper. And once I finish? Halloween. Two years ago, I was a convict, complete with orange jumpsuit and handcuffs. Last year, I went with the doctor, with stethocope, seeing who needed a physical. I think that I'm covering the whole spectrum. I'll be the one at the bars in the priest garb, seeing if anyone wants to go into the confessional. It's either that, or I'll be eating rice krispy treats and drinking punch with kids from Bible study. It could go either way. And you think that I'm joking.

Anyway, it's back to the paper. Next time we're talking about weddings, hooking up with people when you don't know their names, and gambling. I'm sure that you're all excited. Until next time.

-Chairman

No comments: