Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Palin Comparison

Sarah Palin. Caribou Barbie? That's a pretty cool nickname. Personally, I'm going with Sabre-Toothed Cougar. But in any case, she's got my endorsement. Thought I'm not sure what value that has. As you all have seen in previous postings and discussions, I'm not exactly an "issues voter." Heck, I'm not even a "voter." In fact, that position was my initial foray into blogging.

But, I am somewhat decent at this sort of analysis. My instinct went to Obama relatively early on, and I was right about Edwards being shady. I was on the Huckabee trend relatively early (and hoped that he could pull it out), but knew that he didn't have much of a chance. I was pretty accurate with my early assessment of Romney as being too stiff, despite being an early favorite. But Sarah Palin? Awesome choice. Not for winning or anything like that. But awesome choice.

Now, I don't have a clue who this Caribou Barbie chick actually is, what she stands for, or anything else, other than that she was Miss Alaska or something back in the day. That's sort of like being the fastest kid at the Special Olympics, but still, it's cool. But this is what I do know:

Alaska. Cold state. Hot Governor. 128% Awesome.

Like I said, Sabre-Toothed Cougar. She's cracking jokes, winking at the camera, and going on SNL and being awesome. Now compare this to what we've had in the past, when it comes to women in politics. In fact, there's a beautiful symmetry at work. Back in 1984, Caribou Barbie was strutting around in a swimsuit, while the lady below was making a run at the White House as VP for the democratic ticket.

Aerosmith sang about this, right?

Happily, Geraldine Ferraro isn't strutting around in a swimsuit on YouTube now. Yeah. I'm guessing the League of Women Voters ran a DNA test, but I think that's a dude in drag. And if you consider our almost-option, Hillary, there isn't much improvement.

I don't make this stuff up. There are already enough people who do that.

Don't even need to add to that headline. In any case, what we will probably be seeing more of is this lady:

Not so much scary as nuts. In a fun way. Sort of like Left-Eye burning down Andre Rison's house.

I don't think that she's exactly scary. Maybe a little insane. She's got this thing where she sees her husband as a messiah. Of course, since Louis Farrakhan thinks that he's the messiah, then I'm down.

Conclusion? Like OJ's book... If I were to vote, here's how I would do it... Palin. I'm not voting for McCain. Just Palin. I'd going to cross out McCain's name on ballot, and replace it with Obama's. And then I'd vote again by crossing out Biden's name, and replacing it with Palin. I could care less about who's going to win the election (since it's going to be Obama). But I want more Sarah Palin, and more impressions from the sneaky-hot Tina Fey.

That is, if I were to vote. Which I won't.

-Chairman

No comments: