Thursday, January 08, 2009

Different League

So, I've bored you guys about my comeback to the hardwood, which is continually improving. And I'm going to continue to do so.

Fun story about ball today. I'm out there on the good court, with all the brothers. Not tearing it up, but I'm holding my own, and felt like I belonged. One-on-one fast break, with me as the only man back on D. Dude w/ the ball was about 6'4", and had been draining long range (like 23') pull-ups. So, I stayed low, wanting to challenge the jumper. He gets down to the 3-point line, and then hesitates for a split second, and I jumped out at his right (shooting) hand.

Whoops.

He throws on the cross-over, takes one more bounce at the free throw line, then takes two steps and proceeds to throw one down. Yeah. I just got myself dunked on. It wasn't as bad as if I had tried to challenge, and then got posterized. But he just blew by me and threw one down. Hard.

A couple trips later, I drilled a nice 17' bank shot from the left wing, but it wasn't quite the same, and it wasn't off of the same dude (I was actually guarding an even bigger, 6'6" dude, but who was sort of soft and didn't even bother guarding me). Plus, we got rolled that game, something like 11-8.

I suppose that's what happens when you start playing with ballers, and not the goofy white and Asian kids on the 2nd and 3rd court.

-Chairman

No comments: