Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hunt for Reds' October

So, I'm off at dinner the other night with the Rook and Scotty. Rook's a Cubs fan, while Scotty is a Cards fan. So, I go to Rook, "Rook - ask me who's going to win the NL Wild Card." He sees my grin, so he plays along. "Alright. Who's going to win the NL Wild Card?" Now they were both expecting me to say, "The Reds!" Of course, my response? Deadpan. "The Cardinals."

I don't know how true that is, but all I know is that we're in the middle of August and the Reds are still up a game for the Wild Card and only 1.5 games out, with the last three games against the Cards coming up these next couple days. If we can somehow pull this off and make the playoffs, it would be incredible. I have to say that if the Reds make the playoffs, I'll find a way to get to Cincy and watch some playoff baseball.

Right now, baseball season is good. In addition to the Reds, the Yanks are in first in the AL East. I would absolutely love to see a Reds-Yanks World Series. Not only would it feature my two favorite teams, it would also be a 30 year anniversary of when the Big Red Machine steamrolled the Yankees.

We've also got football season kicking off soon enough. Exciting times - I always love it when fall rolls around because it means that football will be back soon. And this year? Maybe the Bengals can put it together and make a deep run. And maybe the Illini can put it together and get that 3rd win this year. We'll see.

-Chairman

No comments: