Wednesday, August 02, 2006

In the Hands of the PhD Gods

Done. Paper submitted at 4:36pm on August 1st. Not spectacular, but not bad. The paper should pass, but it's not a slam dunk. We'll see if I have to re-write it. I really hope that I don't. But it's in the hands of the PhD Gods now.

We've had some interesting times here at TFS-2 the last couple weeks. Let's just say that someone's gotta be butter, cause they're on a roll, something fierce. We've also had some interesting philosophical discussions the last few days, between my paper writing sessions. I think that punishment for poor behavior is something that is missing in our society, and as such we allow for too much deviant behavior. Ask Nick the Dinosaur about his social predator-prey model. I'm not saying that we need to physically punish people for being dumb. But sometimes we're too ho-hum about people who are socially retarded. I like the idea.

I'm very much exhausted, and I'm going to sleep well tonight. Get up, hit the gym, pack up, and get up to Chicago. Need to be up there by 3:30 to help with some of the stuff for the reception. I think that Wednesday night may be a minor work night up in Chicago. Thursday, all day at the conference, and then Thursday night is a world of possibilities, as is the weekend.

Current thought - debating between actually going back to SC to see the folks or just chilling out in C-U for the 2 weeks before classes kick off. Wouldn't mind a road trip, but also wouldn't mind just hanging out, hitting the gym hard, getting ahead on some work, and getting rest before the school year kicks off. Besides, if I really want, I can just drive out to SC during the semester, since I've got a lot of flexibility in my schedule now.

Let's see. Reds aren't playing well, but are still only 3.5 back of the Cards in the NL Central, and a full game up on the D'Backs. If we make the playoffs, then I think that the Kearns/Lopez deal is worth it. Plus, the Yanks are percentage points ahead of the BoSox in the AL East, and the White Sox for the wild card. It loooks that I'll have a reasonable chance of watching my two teams in the playoffs.

It's bedtime. Maybe we'll find time to say something interesting in Chicago.

-Chairman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roland.

As much time as you spend talking about bedtime, you should have your own blog called, "Chairman Gau's Bedroom". Oh the readership you could have...

Chairman said...

Would you settle for a webcam of me sleeping? I think that's in the works...

-Chairman