Friday, March 06, 2009

Posters

You remember how a few weeks ago, I talked about how I sort of got dunked on? Yeah. Well. It sort of happened again earlier today. And by sort of, I mean that a 6'3" dude had a breakaway, came flying down the middle of the court, takes off from about 10' from the hoop, and winds up a huge one-armed tomahawk dunk over me. I mean, it wasn't my guy. But still. Dunked on. Hard. And it wasn't like last time, when I just got froze and had a guy blow by me. this time, I had him squared up, and tried to challenge.

To be honest, I didn't think that he was going to try to dunk on me until after he had taken off and I had tried to challenge. So at that point, I was in the air, only not nearly high enough. My options were to either throw a dirty foul, or just pull my arm back, get out of the way, and not get hurt. You don't take charges at the gym. In any case, I went with option B. I mean, we're up like 7-2, so I wasn't planning on just thugging the guy.

And he dunked it hard. And one again the whole gym stopped and oohed and aahed. I was just chuckling. Even in my heyday, I was still going to get dunked on. But we still won the ball game. I still pretty much controlled the paint on D (save for that one poster session. And I even had some really slick passes. But no one remembers all that.

But hey. At least I'm still running twice a week and playing pretty decent ball (relatively speaking).

-Chairman.

3 comments:

Greg McConnell said...

If there had been a photo, I actually would have wanted that poster.

Chairman said...

I have to admit, it would be sort of cool to have a huge poster of yourself getting dunked on. Absolute conversation starter. It would have to be from a low angle, though, since I didn't really get high enough to show up in a poster where you could see the ball.

clauff said...

Dude, I could put you right next to my childhood poster of MJ dunking on some poor white dude, whose name no one will ever remember, but will always be remembered as the guy that MJ immortalized on the 24x36 inch images pinned up in children's bedrooms across the world.

Hey, at least you're still black. Sort of.