Sunday, August 21, 2005

Welcome to the Freak Show

Wow. It's been a tiring week. Travel back to the Midwest went smoothly. Moving in was pretty good, too. Things are getting done - just the little things remain. TFS North is more or less functional.

The front room looks nice, though a bit empty... I'm entertaining thoughts of putting in a bar, although it's more likely that we'll be putting in more seating. The kitchen and eating area is pretty organized and pretty much good to go - maybe a few more random pieces of flair to make the place look nicer. The office is good, as well, with the important things set up. I'll need to arrange my books and stuff like that, but all the drilling and nailing is done. The washer and dryer come tomorrow, so the laundry will be set. It looks like CJ is all set up with his room.
The current project is my own room. I'm still not sure how I want to arrange it. I've got more room that I've had the last few years, and I want to take advantage of it. We'll see what ends up happening. In theory, I could put in a bench and a rack, though that may be a little too ambitious... maybe just a pull up bar? Or maybe I'll go the other way and just put in a nice recliner or small couch.

Anyway, I like the new place. Let's see if we can make the same sort of memories out here om 116 that we were able to in 117 (way back in the day) and over at 204.

Just one closing, random thought: that song from like 7 years ago, "Closing Time."

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

-Chairman

No comments: