Friday, September 09, 2005

Good Thing No One Reads This

"So how's Mardi Gras going to be this year?"
"A little watered down."


Happily, no one really reads this or cares about what I say, so there weren't any death threats regarding my indifference towards New Orleans. That isn't to say that I don't feel awful for the people who were affected. And for the record, I atually can't take credit for that joke. That would have to go to Chad, earlier tonight.

The week has cruised by. School is school and work is work. My TA gig is going relatively smoothly, though the course that I'm working for is not. Nothing really works, yet. It's pretty amusing. Of course, this leads to more work for me, but it isn't bad. Just replying with apologetic e-mails and walking students through technical issues in office hours. Pretty par for the course.

The current item at the top of the agenda is my proposal re-write and literature review for my project. Need to get a move on. It's going to be a working weekend. Probably a solid 5 hours on Saturday and another few hours on Sunday. But that's alright. I think that I can churn out some decent stuff this weekend, and start sending stuff out to my advisor next week.

Lifting has been good. I've actually got CJ going out to the gym with me. And you know what? For a skinny, little, white kid, he's a trooper. He doesn't lift a whole lot of weight, but he goes through the entire workout with me with no complaints. As for myself, I like the progress. I've gotten a little stronger over the past 2 weeks. I'm able to push myself through sets at the end of my workout a little easier. And I've actually gotten back on the bench press for the first time in a few years. Nothing spectacular, but I was able to put up 225 pounds four times at the very end of my workout the other day, after I had already done 3 sets of increasing weight. I used to be able to do sets of 10 at 225. I think that I'll be back there pretty soon, if I want to be.

Right now the most intriguing, and perhaps the most difficult, thing for me is my re-entry into the church community. I've been back to I-Team twice now. It feels strange. I'm definitely an outsider right now, and I'm not sure how badly I want back in. I think that I can show up an go through the motions, but I don't know what it is that I really want. And until I figure that out, it'll be less than ideal.

-Chairman

No comments: