Monday, September 26, 2005

Adventures in Illinois

Well, I should be finishing off the section of my project that my professor wanted a couple days ago, but since it's 3:30 in the morning, I'll update my blog, instead. The weekend was a fun one, though peculiar.

The first thought is that CJ owes me something fierce. Gilford. Paxton. In fact, we made a tour of the whole greater-Rantoul metro area. I probably should've done work and slept, but I figured that I could afford to play wingman for the night. It was an amusing night out with the yokels. Small town folks are fun to watch. As long as you have beer.

Wasted Motion

Of course, the whole night led to an interesting introspective question. I've been pondering the lack of interest in any particular girl at this point. And it carried over on Friday night. There was this girl that was out with us. Reasonably cute. Very nice body. Very flirty/drunk. The interesting part was that she actually showed some interest, but for whatever reason, I didn't reciprocate. Does the concept of wasted motion apply legitimately here? My reasoning for not really returning any interest was twofold. First, I'm not into making girls feel good about themselves. But more importantly, the second reason was that I didn't want to waste any motion. The thought was that I wasn't going take her home, and that I wasn't going to ever call her, so that there wasn't a need to work the game at all. Instead, I just sort of sat back and enjoyed the show. I don't know if this is a good path to go down. There's a fine line between being stoic/bad ass and just being too proud to deviate from your plan. I'm curious as to where I am right now.

"Where's Professor Xavier?"

A lot of the old crew was down on Saturday. Curran was in from Waco, Westy came down from up north, and even Olson came in from his current stint in Dayton. We had a couple no-shows from Mikey and C-Lauff, but it was still a quorum. I've been swamped with work and sort of sick for a few days now, so I skipped out on the Illini game (happily), and just caught up with the crew afterwards. Olthoff brought Laura out, and we caught some dinner out at Firehaus and went out to Guido's to get a beer. We had a drunken bachelorette party sitting next to us. It wasn't hot, but it was very amusing. I believe that Olson's line was, "... this is a mutant bachelorette party. Where's Professor Xavier?" And I think that he was being kind. Imagine a table of 11 large, loud, and mildly mentally retarded women and one gay dude. And then add alcohol. And headgear with penis attachments. At one point, they were asking guys in the bar for condoms. My response? "Good luck with that."

Anyway, it's back to work. A little more to go before I can get it sent off to my professor. Still a couple more sections that need to get taken care of this week. But it's getting there.

-Chairman

No comments: