Friday, September 02, 2005

Lack of Remorse

Hmmm... Hurricane Katrina... makes me think about our Sugar Bowl experience down there a few years ago. And you know what? I think that New Orleans is a dirty little river town that's made it's fortune on the vices of man. Is it okay to root against the folks at Pere Antoine that completely screwed with us? Is it okay to root against what you think is a rather dismal society that's sucked in the poor and uneducated? I'm not sure. It's like being sad that a drug dealer was shot. Or that Jeffrey Dahmer was murdered in prision. We're always sad (and rightfully so) about the bad things that happen to good people. But do we need to be sad when bad things happen to bad people? I mean, the loss of any life can be seen as tragic. But where do we draw the line between something that's truly tragic and something that's almost karma or cosmic justice?

It's probably wrong, but I'm not quite as broken up about New Orleans as I am about the other parts of the region. If there was ever a modern day Sodom and Gemorrah...

-Chairman

No comments: