Monday, January 02, 2006

Support for Evolution

Happy New Year, everyone.

Before we start taking oursevles too seriously, we take time out to remember Charles Darwin, possibly the most influential person in the last 300 years. Namely, we remember him not for his contribution to science as most others would. But rather, we remember him in a different way. We remember that he married his first cousin. That's hot. Maybe that's how evolution works.

Anyway, looking at my resolutions from last year, I liked them quite a bit. In fact, I like them so much, that I'm going to use most of them again this year. That's not to say that I was entirely unproductive in 2K5. It's just that some of the resolutions were general enough to be eternally useful. For example:

1. Own your shit... whatever the hell that means
2. Always hit on soft 17's

I think that I managed to do a good job on those this year, but I want to keep that up. It was the more concrete things that I sort of forgot to do. The health related ones need be addressed, and will move up in priority:

3. Gym 4x a week
4. Get my legs back

I'm sick of not being able to play basketball or even run around. It just hurts too much to accelerate, stop, or change directions. Which is pretty much what sports involves. But we do have a pretty good start on the year. I've got a nice routine (that finally includes ab work and some bike work) that I like. An additional resolution is to modify my daily diet back to how it was back in my junior year when I lived with Matt. This will involve more chicken and fish, and more veggies. And less eating out. Most of these are lifestyle changes, and oddly enough, I seem to be able to incorporate these relatively well. As far as more concrete goals, we'll just leave it with:

5. Take care of the stuff that should've been done in 2k5

Anyway, we're back to work this week. Next week, we're in Boston to hang out and get rid of my contacts for good. Until then.

-Chairman

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you getting your eyes operated on?
I'm happy so far w/ mine, so that's a good thing.
Dryer eyes than normal, and some glare at night, but otherwise, perfect vision.

Chairman said...

Out in Boston. Some guy who's done a ton of these, evidently. My brother liked his operation quite a bit, and we'll get a referral bonus, as well.

Anonymous said...

Well, good luck.