Thursday, February 05, 2009

My New Hero

I have a new hero. You guys already knew my affinity for guys like Mugabe or Ahmadinejead. But I have a new hero.

Stephon Marbury.

Sadly, I couldn't find the video clip from NBA Fastbreak where Jalen Rose named Stephon Marbury his "Hoops Hero" after the Lakers-Knicks matchup in December where Stephon bought a courtside ticket, showed up and did an interview with NBA TV.

But the gist of the converstaion was that Stephon Marbury is making $21.9 million this year to hang out. Plus, he can get courside Lakers tickets and promote his shoe line's website, and fly around to watch other NBA games. Love this guy. I want to be Stephon Marbury when I grow up.

That is, if I can't be Mugabe or Ahmadinejead.

-Chairman

2 comments:

clauff said...

You would like a guy like Starbury. I guess we all would like to have front row tickets and getting paid $21.9 million to absolutely nothing.

Chairman said...

Naturally.

And for full disclosure, I was considering Michael Phelps for the position of Board Room Hero, as well. Unfortunately, contrition doesn't really help you cause with the selection committee.

I think that we'll have a Board Room Honor Roll in the near future. Let's just say that post that will be entitled either "Weekend at Bernie's" or "Madhoff Money" is in the works.