Monday, November 14, 2005

Damocles Can Have His Sword Back...

So I got the results from my lastest paper. And I passed. This is quite the burden removed from my shoulders. See, we don't have qualifying exams. We do two papers, one after each of the first two years in the program. People can fail these things. They will get an attempt to revise the papers. And most people will pass on the 2nd attempt. But some don't. And then they're asked to leave the program, and get a MS in marketing for their troubles.

So, I had the task of getting this paper churned out, starting in September. It was due at the end of October. Two months to make the first real hurdle of the PhD program. It wasn't exactly smooth sailing. I also had classes to deal with while I was taking care of this. It wasn't a pretty sight for most of the time. But somehow, I managed to pass. Which means, that for the first time since the start of school, I feel caught up. Damn skippy.
But for now? I'm taking a nap.


-Chairman

No comments: