Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dude, where's your car?

I was just thinking about how strung out I was a few weeks ago. And how I forgot to mention of the all-time funniest exchanges (in my mind, anyway).

So it was a few Wednesdays ago. Right before OD's wedding in Texas. I was getting pretty tired from all the work that I had to churn out. I normally have to be at the Principles of Marketing class that I TA from 1:30 until 3, and then I have class from 6 to 9 at night. What I usually do is take the 1:10 bus to campus, take a bus home, and then drive back for night class, since parking is free after 5. I had pulled a late night work session for my papers the night before, and I had worked until 9 in the morning to get the section churned out that I needed. I figured that I had time for a 3 hour nap before class. So, at 9:30, I go to sleep, and I end up oversleeping. I don't get up until 1:10, so I had to hustle just to get dressed in time to drive to class. I find a place to park, and pump the meter with enough to last me until 3:15.


So I sit through class, and realize that I was zoned out. I knew that I still had to read through like 5 articles for class that night. So, I walk out of class tired, just ready to go home and push the next few hours. And I do what I always do after class on Wednesday afternoon. I walk through the library and jump on a bus and got home.

I fire up the laptop and I'm reading some articles in my room (on my very nice park bench, I might add) when CJ comes home. He hears me in my room, so he comes over and asks, "Dude, where's your car?" All we needed was Ashton Kutcher.

As soon as he gets to "Dude..." I just start laughing. I knew what he was going to ask, and I knew that I was a moron. My car was still on campus. And I had to get back to class that night. How ridiculous is that? I was so tired that I forgot that I drove to class. I'm laughing hysterically, and I'm just amazed at how scatterbrained I had gotten. CJ was nice enough to give me a ride out to the post office and then to class, where I discovered that I had gotten a very nice ticket from the parking Gestapo. Oh well.

Then and Now

So things have gotten a little better. I'm done with the papers for now. I'm going to figure out a topic for a final paper, and that's really about it for the semester. The final paper's going to be tough, but that's par for the course. And it's for a class, so I'm not too terribly concerned. I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving Break and Winter Break. I'm hoping to churn out enough of the paper so that I can actually have a nice Thanksgiving Break. And I'm wanting to get to Winter Break so I can actually get ahead on the papers and research that I need to churn out for my conferences in the spring.

Physical Goals

I'm liking hitting the gym again. I'm back on the 3-4 times a week schedule. And I've expanded the workout to include the abs a little more. Interestingly, I was able to churn out a set of 8 reps at 187 on the incline bench toward the end of the workout. Which is interesting because it was the first time I had done incline in ages. I think that we'll work in some bench exercises, mainly for CJ. I don't really need to build mass. I just need to shed 20 pounds of fat. And then shed another 20 pounds of fat. And then... you get the picture.

The body feels good, and I think that I'm getting a little more go back in the system. Which is the ultimate goal. I need to build the body up so that I can be more resilient to stressful times. I was great at that for so many years. I need to get back there fast.

Anyway, until next time.

-Chairman

No comments: